People often ask me what gear I use, and very much is the case that the gear does not ultimately matter. Nevertheless, sometimes specific items can be fantastic additions or upgrades to your setup. My geeky side certainly comes out when it comes to camera gear. I do lots of research and prefer not to settle if it doesn't work for me. After shooting for over a decade and going through multiple iterations of gear, below I'll share with you what I currently use when out taking photos and why it works for me.
I will be putting together reviews for all the gear I use. Interested in something specific? Comment below!
- F-Stop Loka
- Lowepro Flipside 300
- Lowepro Flipside Sport 20L
- ONA The Leather Capri
- Canon 5D Mark IV
- DJI Mavic
- GoPro Hero5 Black
- Canon 16-35mm f/4L IS
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art
- Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS
- Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS
- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II
- Feisol 3441T Tripod
- Arca-Swiss p0 Ballhead. I love this ballhead and can't believe it isn't more popular.
- Feisol TT-15 Tabletop Tripod: Great for low-angle shots and using where tripods aren't allowed. Check out my full review here.
- Generic shutter release cable: A must-have if you ever use a tripod
- Kirk L-Bracket: It changed the way I shoot overnight
- LEE Filters
Have any questions about what I use? Send me a message, I'd love to hear from you.